Raft info required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago i asked for mini piling info, now i need help with info on the raft

I was having 3m x 7.7 m singlestory extension but due to piling costs ive now reduced it to 3m x 5.2m, this alone has saved me 2k on the piling.

before i knew it needed piling i had a qoute for 14.5k for normal foundations and extension removing both gas and electric boxes,

so ive had the same builder to requote me on 3m x 5.2 on a raft and the cost has rise by £500.

is this about right, as the piling company fill the trench with concrete, i only have to have electric box moved and the raft will be 150m, surely the concrete floor would have been 100ml on an extra 7.5sq m, does the raft act as a floor or not.

any info i would be greatful

Sponsored Links
There is reinforcing - presumably the original floor would not have been assumed as requiring rebar. It acts as the floor as well.

£500 is light, tbh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back