Rafter hanger?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im currently weighing up my next bit of d-i-y and would appreciate some advice.
Ive been getting some damp on my gable end wall at first floor level and I believe my roof is the problem. I have a valley at the rear of my house One side of it is a normal apex the other side is what I would describe as a half apex (the top of the roof terminates against the gable end wall).
When investigating the problem in the loft I have noticed that the timber wall plate is pretty wet and I reckon worst case is that it will need replacing.
My question is if I need to replace the wall plate could I use a hanger of some sort instead?
Also at the top of the gable end wall (on the same side of the valley) are some coping stones which I would like to replace with somthing more suitable like a ridge tile does anyone know of anything suitable for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Bob

Sponsored Links
bobmunk666 said:
Hi

Also at the top of the gable end wall (on the same side of the valley) are some coping stones which I would like to replace with somthing more suitable like a ridge tile does anyone know of anything suitable for this purpose?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Bob

is this a parapet wall arrangement you have upon the roof? could you provide a photo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back