Rain water pipe into soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just looked at a bathroom job where going to put new external soil pipe out side to replace old.
All wastes will go into vertical soil pipe via bosses.
There is a rain water down pipe that is in the way. 2 options are to put 45deg elbows on rainwater down pipe over new wastes which I think will look terrible or tee into soil pipe high up above any water level and terminate rain water pipe into there.
Can't see a problem with it. Never done it before, just want to know if anyone has and any pitfalls I've not thought about??

Sponsored Links
The RWP will vent the soil smells at it's outlet in the gutter.

Sponsored Links
As Nige has said, the soil pipe can vent via the Rain water pipe, and this can then cause foul air to enter the loftspace.

Personally I'd be taking the wastes over the rainwater pipe.

Can you re-site the rainwater pipe further along the wall, and then put in the 45 degree bends to bring it back to it's original position below the bathroom outlets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back