Rainwater down pipe in to inspection chamber riser?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Builders handed over half built extension project - all as totally agreed - and where drainage had already all been signed off. There was quite a bit of shifting round of the drainage to accomodate an extension and we ended up with a semi installed gulley that wasn't connected to anything but is right next to a new inspection sewer chamber as per photo. It's an older property and Building Control saw that the original down pipes went in to the sewer, and also I pay for rainwater drainage so I assume this is an allowed combined set up?
If possible I'd now like to reroute one of my rainwater downpipes in to this gulley to make things a lot neater - but only if I can just hook it round in to the inspection chamber riser. Is this recommended or a correct way to do this? Lower down at the 9:00 position of that inspection chamber is existing pipe run already signed off and not easy to get in to so I don't want to disturb that.

Thanks in advance.
IMG_0789.PNG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back