Rainwater fittings require overhaul, repair, or replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The survey for my new home revealed that the Rainwater fittings require overhaul, repair, or replacement.
Has anyone been through this process already ? Any hints, tips, cost estimates, or recommendations on who I can use ... will be greatly appreciated.
I live in the London SW12 area.

Thanks in advance for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
if they are ..........Cast iron ..or OLD plastic with leaking joins , then yes renew ...otherwise it`s just another pen pusher covering his shiny trousered arse :rolleyes:

Thanks Nigel for your comments. I think you are right ... just trying to cover his arse ! Same comments which my Dad provided over this past weekend ! :)
I think the plastic ones need replacement though. The cast iron one just needs a lick of paint, as it looks quite old and rusty from the outside (not rust, just the paint coming off).

Thanks again.

Bitumastic paint on the inside of the cast iron...and gloss on the outside , no need for undercoat if colour is the same as existing /black DON`T use bitumastic on the outside :eek: It goes dull and looks c-rap ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back