the best replacement for felt roofing and price guidance?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was advised that the felt roofing on the flat that I am interested in buying is inappropriate and will need to be replaced. As I am in the process of deciding of whether to go ahead with the purchase, I would greatly appreciate some advice on what would be the best, and/or the most economically advisable solution, and how much would it cost?

I have never had to deal with any external repairs before, and this is completely beyond any knowledge that I have or building, so any advice would be extremely valuable, including possible cues to people who do this kind of work well in London.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Do you/they mean the felt roof over the two little dormer windows? These would normally be in lead but even though, not the best if felted properly then ok.

one problem may be access, so scaffold cost could apply but unless you had a roofer do a site visit no one knows.

incidentally which part of London?

Looks like this has been done on the cheap once apon a time, but the condition of the felting (from the photo) looks ok

If it was my roof i would want the dormers capped with lead, the pitched area of roof in slate.

The flat top area is fine in felt but could do with some walkway tiles or decking on it as it looks like its an area that sees foot traffic.

Cant think why anyone would actually say it had to be stripped off if it wasnt leaking or in a poor condition ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back