raise shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just about to install my shower but my floor is floorboards and need to raise the shower tray to accomodate the waste pipe what would be the best way to do it and with what
i dont want to put the waste under the floor boards as i think that will effect the drainage

Sponsored Links
It depends - by how much do you need to raise the tray?

You gave the impression that you were doing the installation.

Why did you do that?

Sponsored Links
i will be there doing it also but im useless at the measurement side of things

I've just done this for the same reasons as you stated.

I built a platform for my tray to stand on. It was basically lengths of 2x4 timber sandwiched between 2 sheets of thick plywood. My shower tray was a quadrant tray (rounded corner) so i shaped the plywood sheets to match the contour of the tray. Holes were then cut in both sheets of ply to allow for the trap. I also had to cut a hole in the floorboard to acoomodate about an inch of the trap. The platform was then screwed to the floor joists and then the floorboards at every 15cm.

excellent thats the response i was lookin for thanx 1 more question did u use anything to treat the wood just incase water gets in somehow

No i didnt - perhaps i should've done to be honest but i just spent the extra time later on making sure everything was sealed properly with a good quality sealent.

thanks i am going to treat the wood first using evo-stick pva primer we've started it today so heres hoping everything goes to plan lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back