Raised floor ventilation - blocked by solid floor rear extension...options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

So i'm replacing some hallway floorboards in my Victorian terrace house and i thought i would take the opportunity to check the state of the underfloor ventilation.

What is the best option to achieve decent 'though' flow when the rear of house is effectively blocked with a solid floor extension?

It also looks like the ground outside level has been raised over the years as well as there are no air bricks visible. However, 4x 15-20mm holes have been drilled where i might expect to see one along the exterior bay window stonework about ankle height, they seem too high for sub-floor ventilation though - maybe cavity venting? It's a solid stone bay window though.

We have no problems with rot/damp at present but i'd like to keep it that way.

Sponsored Links
We had our air vents extended out through the solid floor of the extension to new air bricks, the guy used 110mm pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back