Raising garden terrace by 150mm DPC considerations...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening

I’m about to install sliding aluminium doors at the rear of my house and I want to raise the outdoor terrace by 150mm as I’m running a 10mm porcelain tile inside and outside.

I would like some advice on drainage and the air vents as the internal floor is block and beam.

I was planning to run Aco below the tiling with a 15mm gap and have a lead flashing with the doors sitting on this feeding any water from the frame into the ACO. The idea is to have a flush threshold between indoor and outdoor. The door manufacturer has confirmed this is OK with the doors chosen. BAD1CA0C-1A4E-4880-96D0-DB502308DEB2.jpeg5BA44A1E-2881-4977-B1DE-B990E8587451.jpegBAD1CA0C-1A4E-4880-96D0-DB502308DEB2.jpeg5BA44A1E-2881-4977-B1DE-B990E8587451.jpegF1E5502D-9077-4955-8CAC-765034C920E3.jpeg

The fall outside is away from the house 3m to a 50mm gravel bed.

Any advice on how to set this up properly much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
if the door are fine with being down to ground level, then just make sure the paving slopes away from the house and either put a slot drain or just carry on the slope.
Your tricky part would be the ventilation, you might have to duct the vents under the new patio to a step or something.

The doors are designed for flush threshold yeah. I was going to sit the frame cill less on lead and leave a small gap before the concrete pad for the air vents. It’s tricky using a drain under the tiles as the tiles are only 10mm so they can’t cantilever over the drain. I’d prefer not to see a drain if it’s not required.

I would have thought the weep holes would only drain a small amount down the lead onto the permeable block paving and therefore it would be OK?

Sponsored Links
might be missing something but ,apart from obstructing the air bricks if you raise the patio level by 150mm , won't you be building up to the dpc level in the external wall :?: :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back