Range Tribune Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have mistakenly overheated my unvented cylinder by using the immersion and hot water was pouring through the tundish. I ran off all the hot water which stopped the release valve from opening. Since then every time the water heats up it pours through the tundish, I have checked and topped up my expansion tank to 3bar. Is there anything I should be doing after overheating a cylinder to reset it? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think it's a problem with the cylinder itself as I can heat it up either with the boiler or Immersion, think it needs repressurising, which I have tried (following YouTube videos) but doesn't seem to be working.

I think it's a problem with the cylinder itself as I can heat it up either with the boiler or Immersion, think it needs repressurising, which I have tried (following YouTube videos) but doesn't seem to be working.
what does the pressure guage read when cold and then when hot ?

Sponsored Links
Get a qualified engineer in to look at it, you shouldn't be playing with the safety devices of an unvented cylinder.

Something isn't right if either the EV PRV or the T&PRV has opened and still opens fully during use.

About all you as an end user are allowed to do is check and repressurise the expansion vessel. Presumably YouTube etc tells you to turn off mains supply and open a hot tap somewhere (so there's room for air)- after that, emergency valves are prone to not closing properly after they've been activated (crud builds up over years, valve opens, valve won't reclose completely due to crud)- repairs/replacement are not a DIY job on a pressurised system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back