Range Tribune - Leaking water....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
ref Range Tribune 180L Duplex Water Cylinder / Heater
I have a problem with my water cylinder in my ground floor flat. When i came home today the hall cupboard seemed warmer than usual. I have since noticed that there is a dripping / leak of water into the tundish - the water is warm and so is the pipe. Is this an issue? if so is it something that i can DIY - any suggestions gratefully received.

in addition (please forgive me if this is daft as i have a feeling it is)..... There are two switches on the wall that are connected to the water cylinder. One leads midway up the tank and is switched on whilst the other is connected to the bottom and is switched off. I have hot water everywhere in the flat and so am assuming this is correct. Is there any reason to have them both switched on?

thanks in advance....

Sponsored Links
The switches are to immersion heaters, bottom 1 to heat full cylinder, top 1 to heat top part of cylinder if you dont need a fully hot cylinder e.g. if you just have a quick shower in morning.

I take it, its all electric and no CH boiler, if so you will need atleast one of these to heat water incylinder

If the water is dripping into tundish then could be:

Passing temp and press/ press relief valve

Expansion Vessel/ Bubble lost its charge

Do you have a vessel attatche to cylinder or somewhere on wall, generally blue or white, not a red one that would be a CH one, im not sure if this particular one uses vessel or bubble top you see

The lower immersion could be connected to a cheaper night-time supply, if you have one - White meter or whatever.

If so, switch it on and heat the whole tank on the cheaper night time rate. It is useful to time the upper one so that it does not reheat at the end of the day, thus leaving the whole cyl cold for when the cheap rate starts.

Sponsored Links
thanka for the replies....

Ollie - there is a white vessel connected.

thanks

It needs checking it has the correct air charge in it, but as was said , you need a qualification to work on unvented cylinders, if you get it wrong with these, can get nasty, like a bomb nasty, looks like its gonna cost, makesue somone has relevent Ticket as was said :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back