Rangemaster 110FSD Dual Fuel left hand oven not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apart from the left hand electric oven all other parts on my appliance work.
The red light on the control lights up.
The clock is set to the correct time.
Just no power to oven.
Serial number of appliance is 7299158216
Where do I start checking please?

Sponsored Links
First of all its a gas appliance so don't touch any aspect of it that's gas.

The left hand oven has a top and bottom element turn it on leave the door open after five minutes is the bottom of the oven warm ? If it is then just the top element thats blown.

Using a multi meter is there power to the elements ? Yes then elements have blown.......No then check if there's power to the overheat stat if not thermostat or camshaft switch .....does the rotary control for the left hand
Oven feel wobbly ? If it does you need a new switch ...It's either camshaft switch, thermostat, overheat stat or elements ....thats it ! its just a fault finding exercise with a multimeter.

Hi - hopefully someone still following this - how do I get to the 2 elements in the left hand oven please ? I turn the oven on but as it heats up it trips the electrics?
Thanks

If its a conventional oven and not a multi function one you can see the top element inside the oven cavity.

The other one you access from the back of the range, two screws hold the cover plate in position.

Check the terminal connections on the back for tightness or scorching.

With a case like this your looking for 'witness' marks.
If its got a glass warming plate lift it up and look underneath ......to remove it two screws on the top underneath the griddle and two accessed from the back and it will then slide to the right ( you have to pull the range out to remove the warning plate.

Open the right hand door ....look with a torch underneath the fascia oven controls look for a trapped wire.

Usually you can see where a short is happening if it's not tge element itself.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back