rats in flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am pulling my hair out and need some advice, I have rats in my flat roof, last year I had the ceilings taken down and the cavity filled but they have returned...i don't know what to do

Sponsored Links
You really need to find out how they are getting up there and where they are coming from. Sounds famailiar to a program i saw last year. it turns out that the extension they had built was over an old broken drain. The rats were running up th wall cavity and ito the loft. They did fix it but it was expensive.

My brother has a house that is by the river Severn and was infested with rats when he moved in......apparently to get at food they'll even gnaw their way through concrete - he got a patterdale terrier which definitely did the trick!!

Put some rat poison in the flat roof void, once eaten they will go to ground searching for water. But find where they are coming in from.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Good quality plug in rodent deterrents do work quite well as well but be warned some people can be affected by them and they do need leaving on fro a decent amount of time.

We used these in combination with eliminating the places the rats were hiding and replacing the broken drain cover where we think they were coming from and we got rid of the rats.

We did try so large rat traps but they failed to work (the rats somehow were able to get the bait without tripping the traps)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back