Rattling heating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Occasionally the pipes within the floor in the master bedroom vibrate/rattle. It usually happens first thing in the morning when the water heats up or when the central heating comes on. I can step on the hardwood floorboards in certain areas of the room and the noise disappears. Move and it comes back. The noise generally disappears within a few minutes. It first happened last year but when my boiler was replaced the noise disappeared for about 6 months. Now it is back and driving me crazy. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Loose pipes. Lift the boards, secure the pipes, refit boards.

Sponsored Links
Could be a bunch of things; new boiler has different heat up / cool down periods, pipes slightly moved, normal house movements etc, etc. The good news is that at least with your 'floorboard step' tests, you know where to attack the problem and have a fair chance of fixing it unlike some who don't and just have to live with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back