Ravenheat 84E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hot water only comes on when the heating is on any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Is this something i could change, it seems as soon as i mention the make engineers are not interested??

I am always happy to work on any boiler make!

The only exception is Saunier Duval where I try to suddenly become busy.

To an engineer its fixing a boiler, no more no less. If its an expensive one or a cheaper one its no different.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'd first be checking out and probably changing the full diverter valve. Usually the finer points of whats wrong become apparent when a decent engineer has the boiler in front of him.
The DV in the Ravenheat
P183.jpg

is almost the same as that in a Worcester + a load of other boilers
P182.jpg

so there is no logical reason that some have a phobia about Ravenheats apart from the fact that they have been selling them in BNFNQ as a DIY item.
A common attitude seems to be :- "If DIYers fit them and do us out of work then they can fix them as well."
The difficult part for you is to find someone like Tony or myself who are happy to move into the niche that has been created.
If you ring Ravenheat on 0113 252 7007 then tell a white lie by pressing #2 they should be able to recommend a local engineer if you explain the situation. [It was the case that the people on the end of the line when you press#1 were not aware of their approved installers list. Perhaps that has changed now.]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back