ravenheat boiler - no flame, wont light, Help !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my ravenheat condensing combi boiler csi85a / he85t is only 15 months old. This morning went to switch on and no heat / water, a light indicating that no flame is on. Tried re-powering at mains, but still the same.
Please help !!! My house is cold and can't bath the kids... is there an easy fix before i have to call out somone??
Thanks

Sponsored Links
realised i had originally posted in the wrong section and thought i would amend this, thanks for your vigiliance!!

Sponsored Links
You dont give any detail of what exactly does or doesnt happen when you turn the boiler on but heres a very educated guess.
95 times out of 100 the problem will be the ch thermistor. A little green sensor on the right hand side pipe at the side of the combustion chamber. If thats not the answer to this problem it will be the answer to your next!

Part number 0007TER05005/0
Order the part from ravenheat direct and specify that you want the 'dry pocket replacement' I believe it has a 'D' suffix.
Clip it to the pipe next to the existing one and swap the leads across. Leave the existing one in place.

If all you can get is the 'wet pocket' version which the same as what you have there Its best to get someone in to do the job for you.
If you insist on DIY then MAKE SURE THE BOILER IS COLD WHEN YOU DO IT!!!
Yes I know it will be cold cos it doesnt work, but thats for the benefit of anyone else who reads this post with the same or similar problem and also because I learned the hard way :oops: :oops: :oops:

Instructions are in the manual

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back