RAVENHEAT COMBI BOILER . HOT WATER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I HAVE A RAVENHEAT COMBI BOILER CSI85 , I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY HOT WATER . I CAN ONLY GET HOT WATER IF MY CENTRAL HEATING IS SWITCHED ON . WHEN MY CENTRAL HEATING IS SWITCHED OFF MY HOT WATER IS COLD.MY HEATING IS CONTROLLED BY MY THERMOSTATE SWITCH . THE BOILER IS 3YEARS OLD . I HAVE THE BOILER SET TO RADS AND WATER ( THE RADIATER AND TAP SIGN ON BOILER ) AND THEY ARE BOTH SET TO MAX . THIS HAS ONLY JUST STARTED HAPPENING . CAN ANYONE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION . THANKS
STEVE

Sponsored Links
Probably diagphragm raven heat will tell you you need a whole new diverter valve, but you can get just the diaphragm !

possibly micro switch on diaverta not working

Thanks for info , i have took the cover off the boiler today . When i turn the hot water taps on the gas ignites in the boiler as i can see the gas flames through the window and can hear it kick in . The water gets warm but not red hot . The boiler only comes on if i have the tap running at a high speed if i turn the taps to running slower then the gas doesnt ignite in the boiler and the water is stone cold .

Sponsored Links
Probably diagphragm raven heat will tell you you need a whole new diverter valve, but you can get just the diaphragm !
Thanks for info , i have took the cover off the boiler today . When i turn the hot water taps on the gas ignites in the boiler as i can see the gas flames through the window and can hear it kick in . The water gets warm but not red hot . The boiler only comes on if i have the tap running at a high speed if i turn the taps to running slower then the gas doesnt ignite in the boiler and the water is stone cold .

quick question for you i know parts manchester have lime scale problems are u in this type area if so as previous guy mention the diaverta valve is proably the problem but i would also install lime scale inhibtor

quick question for you i know parts manchester have lime scale problems are u in this type area if so as previous guy mention the diaverta valve is proably the problem but i would also install lime scale inhibtor

Hi
Iv'e been told that the area were i live (whitefield) doesnt have limescale problems . How much rougthly does the diaverta valve cost and is it a big job .

do not know on your particalier boiler sorry just look it online and get your mi to see how to do it

Hi
Iv'e been told that the area were i live (whitefield) doesnt have limescale problems . How much rougthly does the diaverta valve cost and is it a big job .

The diaphgram is in the diverter valve ! you dont need to have a diverter valve fitted have a new diaphgram fitted ! you'll save money and it will work ! diverter valve can be sericed at the same time.

Hi

The diaphgram is in the diverter valve ! you dont need to have a diverter valve fitted have a new diaphgram fitted ! you'll save money and it will work ! diverter valve can be sericed at the same time.

Hi
Im looking in the sparts lists sheet that came with my boiler , i can only see the following for Diaphragm . is this what i need it says DIAPHRAGM FOR 3-WAY VALVE . thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back