RavenHeat LS100 DHW modulating Temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have been having this issue for some time - The boiler works fine but when drawing hot water it gets up to temp then the flame cuts out and the water temp drops (Not good when your in the shower)- after a few seconds the flame come back on and the temp rises again, If I have the DHW potentiometer set low the flame stays on but the water temp is low, if I turn the DHW potentiometer up the flame carries on but then cuts out again. I have replaced the diaphragm,diverter valve, and water pressure switch, also DHW sensor and CH sensor but issue continues. The Diverter valve and water pressure switch are working ok and the potentiometer modulates the gas ok and works at the lower setting so I think there must be an overheat sensor somewhere that I've not found - can anyone help identify the issue and let me know how to resolve? any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
forum member mrwild knows all about this problem, i'm sure if you send him a pm he will provide you with the answer.

Why do you not think that its a blocked plate heat exchanger?

But when did you last have the boiler serviced?

Tony

Sponsored Links
forum member mrwild knows all about this problem, i'm sure if you send him a pm he will provide you with the answer.

He sounded really competent, there was a thorough discussion on another thread about this type of problem.

Sadly, he said he won't be coming back.....

He did not appreciate my assistance with his problems !

Nor did he agree that replacing £330 of parts without solving the problem was more expensive that engaging an engineer for about £84 which would probably have solved the fault without any further cost!

So I am not sad at all if he is not coming back!

Tony

He did not appreciate my assistance with his problems !

Nor did he agree that replacing £330 of parts without solving the problem was more expensive that engaging an engineer for about £84 which would probably have solved the fault without any further cost!

So I am not sad at all if he is not coming back!

Tony

I think we were hoping that his expertise could be of some help here.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back