Ravenheat LS80 Diaphragm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Has anyone come across a Ravenheat LS80 Diaphragm repair kit, or is it a new shunter valve needed (As Ravenheat has informed me!!) Please help.
Has anyone come across a LS80 before??? Apparently its only 4yrs old. I'm sure it's just diaphragm, but haven't removed valve yet!
Thanks in advance.
(Aren't the staff at Ravenheat nice, I wonder if they have parents).

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
O.K. I submit. It's a diverter.
Can you help me with diaphragm repair kit, or do I need new shunter?

Not your standard diverter on these. Its a Giannoni V41 or V42 type.
Very similar and perhaps identical to the ones fitted on Alpha ocean boilers.
For some reason to do with the microswitch being on a collar in the middle instead of at the end that must make 'em a shunt valve.
Still a diverter in my book until the 'politically correct police' come and get me.
AFAIK you cannot get a diaphragm specifically for these but it might be worth looking into whether or not you can get one for an Alpha cd24c as it will probably be the same.

V41
v41a.gif

v41b.gif

V42 has this bit different :-
v42.gif

This firm reckons that their standard kits fit all giannoni valves. Only problem with that site is that you have to buy 4. Today I watched someone pay over £20 for one of these which came in a box with Worcester wrote on it!

Standard giannoni diaph will fit but you have to disfangle and substichange some of the subclippery rounds. Bit assbastifartious.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back