RCD Tripped twice yesterday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Last night the RCD in the consumer unit tripped twice in 3 minutes. I remember this happening on separate occasions many years ago when a kettle died and a previous oven gave in. I wondered what might have caused it and if there's anything worth investigating / getting someone in to investigate as everything appears to working fine today.

At the time this happened: the TV was on, (fridge and freezer of course) and perhaps notably the oven was on at full blast (I was cooking pizza).

Sponsored Links
There's two ways to deal with this

1. Each time the RCD trips, note what was being used and the time. That may give you a clue.
2. Get someone with the correct test equipment to test what might be causing it.

Don't forget that in your list of things that were on, you need to add things like: heating system/boiler, immersion heater, outside lights and sockets etc as those are the most likely things to cause an RCD to trip. That is items where water and electricity come together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back