RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there ... could anybody help me with the following ?
On site we need to connect an outer plug for a motor which is used to dispense concrete.They stipulate that the plug is wired to an RCD ..
The current consumer box only has an on/off breaker and 4 MCB ,s.
and the outer plug is at present connected to one of them .
Question .. i have bought 1 RCD and a little consumer box to house it .can i just place the RCD in between the consumer unit and the outside plug ? i.e live and neutral from plug into botoom of RCD and then live and neutral from top of RCD to consumer unit ?
Many thanks for any advice Richard

Sponsored Links
No Richi, you can't.

Please put everything into a box, and get a proper electrician - I'm afraid you are waaaaay too lacking in competence to be doing site work. You'd be breaking the law, too.

Hi again ban-all-sheds .... you where very right in telling me to get proper electricians in for site work which i did .. and a well known and respected one at that ..i did .... but i was very amazed when they installed the RCD just about how i explained it on the forum :eek:
maybe the words "I'm afraid you are waaaaay too lacking in competence " was a little bit over the top ..
Still everbody is an expert in there own way .........

Sponsored Links
Yes, but the electrician didn't have to ask how to do it, he knew.

Don't forget - work on that site is governed by the Electricity at Work Regulations, and I'm afraid you are a long way off being able to demonstrate adequate competence as required.

Asking questions on this forum is what it is all about ... if everybody knew everything then you would also be redundant ................

No hard feelings .. i enjoy this forum and respect your points of view ...

Over and out rich

Richi996 said:
Asking questions on this forum is what it is all about ... if everybody knew everything then you would also be redundant ................
That's true, but there is a difference between DIYers asking how to do things because they don't know something, and people asking how to do things on construction sites because they don't know how.

I suggest you read this: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19890635_en_1.htm

No hard feelings
Good.... :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back