re-flashing galaxy tab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to give new life to an old galaxy tab. It belonged to a previous company and was locked down with knox.
Knox was removed (as a cloud service but it still has it installed) and on checking back with the IT team (it is a 5yr old tab) they don't have a record of the FRP email they used on the device.
Long shot I know but does anyone have experience of rolling these back into life or is it destined to remain an expensive paper weight?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried a factory reset?

When turned off, press and hold 'volume up' and 'power' buttons, until the recovery screen appears.

...aaah, sorry are you missing all the tabs Google account info?

The only other way I know to get in, is via an unlocked bootloader and installing TWRP (...and then LineageOS for me).
However, without access to the current OS, you may need a pro to be able to unlock the bootloader.

Another option is to have a look at some of the videos online showing ways around the FRP:

Some of these ideas may be dodgy - follow at your own discretion!

Last edited:
Have you tried a factory reset?

When turned off, press and hold 'volume up' and 'power' buttons, until the recovery screen appears.

...aaah, sorry are you missing all the tabs Google account info?

The only other way I know to get in, is via an unlocked bootloader and installing TWRP (...and then LineageOS for me).
However, without access to the current OS, you may need a pro to be able to unlock the bootloader.

Another option is to have a look at some of the videos online showing ways around the FRP:

Some of these ideas may be dodgy - follow at your own discretion!
bootloader is locked so can't install TWRP hence the question.

Uploading RECOVERY
100%
RECOVERY upload successful
Ending session...
ERROR: Failed to receive session end confirmation!
Releasing device interface...

Sponsored Links
Back