Re-route Kitchen sink pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and thanks for any advice anyone can offer. The photo shows the current layout of the pipework under my kitchen sink. I'm decorating the kitchen and I'd like to fit a slimline dishwasher (small kitchen). Trouble is that these pipes are where it would need to go and would mean it sticks out 4-6 inches from the other units! Obviously no good! But if the pipes were about a foot further to the right (toward the stopcock which I've marked as 'C') then no problem at all. At present A and B go under the cabinet, almost to the floor, and go left to the washing machine and standpipes in the corner of the room. So my thinking is this. Turn off water at stopcock! Then, for pipe A, cut it where it's close to the floor before using a push fit connector and some pex pipe (maybe?!) take it along the wall/floor towards mark C and add an elbow and some more PEX to take up toward the new tap? And for pipe B cut before/after the earth connector (see below!), fit a push fit tee, one end piped up to the tap while the other goes down to the floor and is ultimately connected up to the other end of the copper pipe that I've just cut. Hopefully that makes sense My big concern is with the aforementioned earth cable, and whether I still need it (assuming it's fine to be replacing the copper pipe with PEX) and if so - where do I now attach it? If anyone does have any helpful thoughts or advice on this I'd appreciate hearing them. Cheers.
IMG20240108175049~3.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back