Re-routing overhead mains cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently having an extension to my house. The chimney breast has just been removed and the mains cable was routed down the side of chimney. With totally new design upstairs, we are left with the cable hanging in the middle of what will be the landing.

Several electricians have refused to touch it.

Any suggestions as to where/how to and possible cost of re-routing cable would be gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
I am currently having an extension to my house.
Before you started the work, didn't your electrician warn you about the need to arrange for the cable to be moved?

What about the guy project managing the build? What kind of incompetent idiot is he, that he didn't sort this out in time?

The chimney breast has just been removed and the mains cable was routed down the side of chimney. With totally new design upstairs, we are left with the cable hanging in the middle of what will be the landing.
So the cable is now unsupported? :eek:

Several electricians have refused to touch it.
Quite right too - it would be illegal and very dangerous for them to do so.

Any suggestions as to where/how to and possible cost of re-routing cable would be gratefully recieved.
As holmslaw says, your DNO is the only place you can go. I hope your schedule and budget can accommodate the delay and the cost of having the cable moved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back