upstairs lighting re-route of cable

Come on guys!, lets not escalate this any further.

elrobbo82, I understand your new to this forum but you need to expect to be pulled up on all sorts of errors. Its a discussion forum.

Its nothing personal and its nothing to be ashamed of. Nobody knows it all. Starspark is a regular contributor to this forum and a successful one at that.

Sponsored Links
thankyou RMS quite right too!!
I have had an input elrobbo but unfortunately you have taken it as criticism.
My input is this

Questions ...... yes it is permissible to run conduit (pvc or steel or even mini trunking) alongside the pipework just ensure that the enclosure is not physically touching. my personal would be plastic.

well done starspark.
looks a little bit like my post a bit further up the page.
can't be all bad at least we agree on somethings. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well im hardly going to over engineer something which has such a simple answer thats your job!!
I think if you lighten up a bit and take advice on board we would agree on many things elrobbo it really could be the start of something beautiful ;)

starspark
could you please desist as this is getting old. lets just be friends

ron0
another route for the cable run is pvc conduit on the external wall.

Er..... Well, guys..... I didn't realise I was to become the broker of World War 3 - and me a pacifist!

So, as I stand here tin helmet duly adorned and gas mask (kite marked of course!) in hand, all I can (dare!) say is thank you for the direction

maybe not all that aesthetically pleasing but does comply. my own preferred route would be to chase in but the op does not want to do this so i have just given different solutions.

look, the op asked for guidance and i gave valid options. as i have said previously i would personally want to embed my cable in the wall but as the op did not want this as an option i gave alternatives. i agree that running conduit on the external wall is not the best but is still a valid cable route. any way how come i get jumped on when someone else said SWA on the external wall and nothing gets said? come on guys every one has an input that is why we are here. lets be lovers not fighters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back