Re-use Existing Flue??

Just remind me of the name of your company Tony, so that I know not to use you.

What would be the point of these sites if everyone were to go straight to their installer first?

Dont worry we dont work north of the border! In any case we only work for the property owner, or whoever is going to pay us and not for their "mates".

The point of this site is to help people understand problems with their heating and boilers. In some cases we can help reasonable competent DIYers to repair their system themselves or at least to get an idea of what might be wrong and how much that might cost to put right.

Safety dictates that gas and oil boilers are installed by competent qualified people. Its normal for an installer to visit and discuss with the owner what is required and how that can be accommodated.

Installation questions can only be answered at the property except when highly detailed pictures and/or plans are submitted.

Tony

Looking back at your posts I don't think it is the first time you have rubbed people up the wrong way Agile.

I don't see where I have been 'mildly argumentative'? I take your points on board and have no reason to doubt you. Most of the time you are quite unhelpful and seem do have a go at the OP rather than give a constructive answer.

Sponsored Links
Just remind me of the name of your company Tony, so that I know not to use you.

What would be the point of these sites if everyone were to go straight to their installer first?

Dont worry we dont work north of the border! In any case we only work for the property owner, or whoever is going to pay us and not for their "mates".

The point of this site is to help people understand problems with their heating and boilers. In some cases we can help reasonable competent DIYers to repair their system themselves or at least to get an idea of what might be wrong and how much that might cost to put right.

Safety dictates that gas and oil boilers are installed by competent qualified people. Its normal for an installer to visit and discuss with the owner what is required and how that can be accommodated.

Installation questions can only be answered at the property except when highly detailed pictures and/or plans are submitted.

Tony

Looking back at your posts I don't think it is the first time you have rubbed people up the wrong way Agile.

I don't see where I have been 'mildly argumentative'? I take your points on board and have no reason to doubt you. Most of the time you are quite unhelpful and seem do have a go at the OP rather than give a constructive answer.

get ready for some mildly argumentative complete and utter silence from agile......the amazing disappearing abuser.

Thanks nickso. Blimey it's like walking on eggshells on this site isn't it!! :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks nickso. Blimey it's like walking on eggshells on this site isn't it!! :LOL: :LOL:

i wouldnt thank me, at least one of my posts has been thoroughly unhelpful :LOL:

you have unwittingly stumbled onto the diy site of doom.....about 20 regulars who generally disagree with everything anyone else says. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

i wouldnt thank me, at least one of my posts has been thoroughly unhelpful :LOL:

you have unwittingly stumbled onto the diy site of doom.....about 20 regulars who generally disagree with everything anyone else says. :LOL:

Oh yes, one of your posts was! Just looked back at them now. I have go to say most posts from you lot (the select 20) are pretty helpful.
:p

you dont have the correct paperwork to get "north of the border". :rolleyes:

My second passport name is Stuart and I have a tartan shirt, tie and cap ( with an orange pom-pom ).

I even won the engineer's beautiful legs competition in 1996 as voted for out of 54 legs ( with the heads missing ) but as yet I dont have a kilt !

Tony

Had a Worcester Greenstar Oil Fired boiler fitted to the existing stainless steel flue. Worcester came out and ok'd it, as it is condensing compatible. All working fine. Thanks Guys

Just because the commissioning engineer OK'd it doesn't convince me. Worcester oil engineers are not installers and have very little to do with fluues other than their own oilfit products.

The flue liner would not be visible from the boiler. Normally the condensing rigid sections are incompatible with the non condensing because of the greater exhaust heat melting the seals from a standard boiler.

Also, the flue liner used 18 months ago was difficult to get hold of (eg: Turboflex plus or similar) so the fitter would have had to pay a lot more and really hunt it down. I very much doubt you have condensing flue liner in there; you should know within the next 2 yrs or so. :LOL:

Gives time to save up or sell up & move on then doesn't it :D

Just because the commissioning engineer OK'd it doesn't convince me. Worcester oil engineers are not installers and have very little to do with fluues other than their own oilfit products.

The flue liner would not be visible from the boiler. Normally the condensing rigid sections are incompatible with the non condensing because of the greater exhaust heat melting the seals from a standard boiler.

Also, the flue liner used 18 months ago was difficult to get hold of (eg: Turboflex plus or similar) so the fitter would have had to pay a lot more and really hunt it down. I very much doubt you have condensing flue liner in there; you should know within the next 2 yrs or so. :LOL:

Thanks for yor comments, its really working well apparently... kicking out the heat. Could this Turboflex plus be retro fitted into the existing flue at a later date??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back