Re Wiring House

Exactly, dds. This is a DIY forum. If everyone took BAS's approach we may as well close the forum down.

Some DIYers are absolute fools, no doubt, but those with the sense to seek advice on this forum are unlikely to be in that category, so would appreciate polite and helpful advice!

Sponsored Links
I wasn't impolite.

The supply company will not advise him on what circuits to have.

The supply company will not advise him on what cables to use.

the supply company will not advise him on where and how to install those cables.

If you think that people's interests are best served by encouraging them to tackle projects for which they clearly lack vital and fundamental knowledge by answering whatever questions they ask as they go along, then fine.

If you think that information they don't seek is information they already know, and it's not a case of them being completely unaware that that information even exists, and being completely unaware that they don't know it, then fine.

But don't expect me to be so foolish and irresponsible.

Youre right in that supplying advise on a project that is out of someones depth, especialy where electricity is concerned might be considered irresponsible. I for one, would be reluctant to supply advice to a DIYr unless it was something simple such as adding a socket to a ring. Yes there is a limit to what the supply company will advise on. Im sure he'll get there when he ties in with his spark. But there is is a way to tell the guy.

Wonder how he got on with his problem ????

I wasn't impolite.

But don't expect me to be so foolish and irresponsible.

shame he`s got me on ignore then,

hmm impolite ? you`ll not get many say your open and understanding now will you

as for foolish and irresponsible ? you wanna go over the BS7671 situation with me again ?

fact is BAS is very well read, thats all

Sponsored Links
Youre right in that supplying advise on a project that is out of someones depth, especialy where electricity is concerned might be considered irresponsible. I for one, would be reluctant to supply advice to a DIYr unless it was something simple such as adding a socket to a ring.
So why did you take exception to me asking him why he'd started this when he was clearly incompetent etc?

I was neither impolite nor discourteous, unless you count stating facts which the poster would rather deny as being impolite or discourteous.

Im sure he'll get there when he ties in with his spark. But there is is a way to tell the guy.
Doesn't matter how you dress it up, the message is the same, but if you dress it up too much you might make it unrecognisable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back