Really bad quality engineered wood - how can I protect it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought this engineered wood. It's my fault it's so rubbish because it's cheap for an engineered wood.

https://hardwoodfloorstore.co.uk/pr...mDw8VOOJhNVS6z8bHHidSlH5IkxmnpuRoC5y4QAvD_BwE

It says it's UV lacquered, but seems very bare. It has a matt finish. It marks extremely easy from footprints. When wiped with a damp cloth it looks uneven like greasy, even when dried. A small water drip, even when wiped quickly, leaves a mark. It is also extremely easy to chip.

I'd like to re-lacquer it or put some sort of floor protector on it so that it can be wiped easier. Can lacquer be applied straight on without sanding if it's already lacquered? It is so thin it can't be sanded. Are there any floor protectors which would be suitable?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It says 8 layers of lacquer!
I know! It's ridiculous. It really seems like it's barely lacquered at all. I've contacted the company but they don't have much to say about it.

This is a photo of it on my floor. A bit difficult to tell from the photo but I think you can make out that it looks generally dirty and that is with me just cleaning it with a lightly damp cloth and drying it immediately before this photo was taken. It was only laid a few days ago.

Attachments

• 174295763_777892086188260_3310471111269125515_n.jpg
    174295763_777892086188260_3310471111269125515_n.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 77

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back