Good Quality Single Foot Pumps??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After 20 years of use my RAC single foot pump has given up the ghost. Unfortunately the latest version of this product isn't any good and every review says don't bother. Even many branded (Draper, etc) pumps seem to be the flimsy sort that bend or self destruct after several uses.

Can anyone recommend reasonably good quality pumps? I've found a couple of Faithfull models that look like someone has put some thought into their design. Their plumbing tools seem to be good quality.

Or maybe Heyner?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't like to go back to the days of leaning on a wing for half an hour trying to pump a tyre up.

+ 1 for 12volt
I've had a cordless unit (not a fan of the ones you plug into the fag lighter & find the lead isn't long enough for the opposite side of the car) for 5 years & it's only recently begun to loose it's efficiency .. it's the compressor that wears out, the battery/motor seem to last forever.

Although I very rarely use it I still possess a really good foot pump .. brass barrel & agricultural quality steel frame, made by Dunlop back in the 'thirties :giggle:

Sponsored Links
All foot pumps today are made in china, so they're all shyte.
Get whatever you can get for cheap.
I personally use my 30 year old double foot pump only for bycicles.
For cars I have a portable compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter.

What if the cigarette lighter is stuffed?!

Good old fashioned foot pump every time for me.

Don’t bother. Get an electric one.

The pump mostly gets used to pump up the tyres on my mountain bike, and unfortunately a cigarette lighter wasn't an option on it.

Pump occasionally gets used for the van, but also other inflatables o_O:love::love: which don't have a power source. I need the flexibility of a foot operated model, and it saves going to the gym.

The pump mostly gets used to pump up the tyres on my mountain bike, and unfortunately a cigarette lighter wasn't an option on it.

Pump occasionally gets used for the van, but also other inflatables o_O:love::love: which don't have a power source. I need the flexibility of a foot operated model, and it saves going to the gym.
For bikes (and the odd car) I use my Joe Blow.

Swap the ciggy plug, for a pair of crock clips, and you could use it for more portable use, with a little 12v burglar alarm type battery.

Swap the ciggy plug, for a pair of crock clips, and you could use it for more portable use, with a little 12v burglar alarm type battery.
Unless you had an endless supply of batteries (plus the necessary recycling facility) that would leave you with an unwieldly set-up that would still need recharging.

I'll stick with my factory built re-chargeable item that, with a full charge, will top up the tyre pressures of my 2 cars plus a neighbours' without any leads to trip over & without any requirement to access the vehicles themselves, which in many cases today need the ignition to be on in order for the lighter socket(s) to be live.

Sponsored Links
Back