Rear brakes locking up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a lada samara I have a problem with the rear brake (s, I am not sure if it is one or both) I have replaced the proportional valve and the master cyl, It only happens when you push really hard on the pedal not under normal braking. Can anyone offer me some ideas on what the problem could be?
Thanks Bernie

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the shoes are either rusted or distorted at the far end of their travel. Need new unit.

joe

Thanks for your reply Joe-90 but neighter of your suggestions are correct please try again to win the prize of $0000000.00
A bit of sick humour thanks for making an effort to reply but not the problem
Bernie

Sponsored Links
You haven't said if the are drum or disc brakes, if drum brakes the problem could be that the drums aren't round anymore i.e. more ovoid, this causes unexpected brake seize.

The rear brakes are brake shoes with a self adjusting unit inside the brake cyl

First of all you need to find out if it is one or both wheels. i.e. is it common to both wheels,it could be a faulty wheel cylinder(or both).

;)

there is a load adjuster on the rear of ladas

if you had a load on and it stuck then it will apply more pressure to the rear wheels hence the unwanted hand break turns

we done this to one on purpose for a laff before scrapping it years back

jammed the load adkjuster on full :LOL:

I replaced the right rear wheel cyl the one that keeps locking up but they are still locking up, the manual says in the brake fault extreem pressure will cause this. I have replaced all but the rear left cyl and the front calipers. what next

Help please

the load adjuster is the gadget where all the brake lines lead to at the rear

if you have had a lot of weight in at some time and then taken it out sometimes the load adjuster stays in the max position hence the unwanted hand brake turns when you brake fun but dangerous

The load adjuster has been replaced with a new unit and is adjusted correctly

If you've changed master cylinder, wheel cylinders and load compensator then you've got knackered shoes/drums/springs or maybe a very shafted wheel bearing.
Is it servo assisted?

Must be the only thing left you havent changed, so have a look there.

My brakes lock up when I press the pedal really hard. lol (not)

It's almost certainly collapsed flexible brake hose/s. Ascertain exactly which wheel/s locking whilst rear is jacked clear of the ground. Release bleed nipples. Wheel/s free up? If yes replace hose/s. If no sticky caliper/pistons etc etc.....

Sponsored Links
Back