Rear Extension - Cast Iron Soil Vent Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of planning my rear extension, i live in a terraced house where the cast iron soil vent pipe runs down the back of the house. In terms of an extension, some of the neighbouring properties have a mixed approach to retaining the SVP, some remove altogether (internal SVP not a viable option for us) whilst most build up to the underside of the key junction with the first floor WC. I have attached the model i am working on to give an indication of the area (in red).

My question is, in terms of waterproofing the roof, if i aimed for a 150mm lead flashing along the length of the roof junction with the house, is there a viable approach to a water proofing detail for where the roof meets the down pipe that is fixed to the rear wall? (i.e. no chance to get a waterproof collar around it)

Attachments

• Roof Detail 1.pdf
    491 KB · Views: 376
Sponsored Links
The difficulty is getting flashing chased in behind the soil pipe where its quite close.

To seal the pipe, its possible to run fibreglass up the pipe and then fit a split boot down over to shed water away from the junction.

Its all a bit awkward, but doable.

If there is a junction in the soil pipe just at the same height as the roof, its possible to box it out in ply, then fibreglass.

Dektite do various retrofit options

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk...ipe-flashings/dektite-retrofit-flashings.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back