reccomendation for "smart" timer / programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, looking for a recommendation here as so far I haven't managed to get a straight answer from the 2 plumbers I have tried.

We have a Vaillant eco-tec 428 condensing boiler with a hot water tank. During some building work our existing programmer / thermostat has been moved and then not replaced with the result I need to have a replacement fitted.

What we would like to achieve is:

1. A 7 day timer / programmer for the heating with a minimum of 3 programmes for heating
2. Either a 7 day timer / programmer for hot water, or some kind of timer that stops the boiler firing at 5 in the morning but allows it to run on "constant" for hot water the rest of the time e.g. between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m.
3. A wireless thermostat that can be located in the coldest part of the house
4. An external temperature sensor drilled straight through the wall behind the boiler so that when it's very cold outside the boiler kicks in early

Honeywell seem to do a range of controls but it's very unclear whether they can work in combination to achieve the above. The honeywell kit has an energy saving feature whereby the programmer works out the minimum time required to get the house up to the required temperature and then adjusts the programme accordingly.

Has anyone fitted something similar / does anyone have a recommendation for products that would work as described above.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back