Changed thermostat but programme timer not working,ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

in an attempt to reduce my heating bills I have just installed an programmable thermostat: replacing an old analogue honeywell with a new honeywell cm901.

The thermostat is working just fine but the programme timer is not working, the timer is stuck on the time that i changed the thermostat, so no coincidence there!

In accordance with the wiring diagram I no longer use the neutral wire (blue) but the live (red) and switched live (yellow) have been wired to the thermostat.

I guess that i have interrupted the circuit to the programme timer, but i don't understand why nor do i know how to rectify the problem.

does anyone have any ideas?

Further information available should you require it.

thanking you in advance

SV

Sponsored Links
The thermostat is working just fine but the programme timer is not working, the timer is stuck on the time that i changed the thermostat, so no coincidence there!

I guess that i have interrupted the circuit to the programme timer, but i don't understand why nor do i know how to rectify the problem.
The clock in the CM901 is battery operated; nothing to do with the mains.

Open the lid and make sure you have not left the slider in the DATE position; it should be in Auto.

Sponsored Links
hi

thanks for your response, the thermostat is just fine and is on auto; it's the programme timer that has stopped. The HW and CH is on 24hours, but i can't use the HW CH twice option as the mechanical timer has stopped.

I'm trying to understand if the change in thermostat is the cause of the clock timer to stop?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back