Updating thermostat and timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Ideal icos HE24 boiler, Honeywell T40 thermostat and a Honeywell T45 timer. I wanted to update the timer and the thermostat so that we could set different programmes for different days of the week and also have a wireless thermostat as the current one is poorly positioned. I thought it would be a simple job of wiring in a wireless receiver where the old thermostat was situated and wiring in a new timer in the airing cupboard. However, after trying to confirm this it doesn't seem as simple as there seems to be lots of conflicting advice. Can anyone suggest what the easiest / best approach would be? The last place I got to was just wiring a thermostat receiver in the old position and having a combined thermostat / programmer and just leaving the old timer in place with the heating on permanently (the new programmer should over riding this).

Any advice on what to do and which products to use would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back