Replacement timer control advice for Ideal Isar boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I wish to replace the basic timer attached to my Ideal Isar HE24 (or HE35, not sure which) Combi with a timer/room thermostat, preferably with a wireless model. Current timer is a basic Drayton LP timer.

Obviously I would like to spend the minimum possible on a new wireless timer room thermostat without buying junk. They seem to vary greatly on price.

My questions are:

Would it be a simple case of swapping the old timer for a new timer/thermostat using the existing 3 core cable which comes from the boiler to the timer or would additional wiring at the boiler end be required? Or would this vary depending on chosen model?

Can I use any timer/thermostat or will some be incompatible?

Do you have any recommendations? My basic requirements are for a wireless thermostat I can fix in a different room to the boiler with standard 5/2 timer controls. Frost protection would be nice too.

Many thanks for any advice in advance.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Honeywell CM727 (or the CM927 if you decide you want something a bit better, it's arguably an easier product to use and looks better too, the CM927 would be my choice) and a Honeywell Frost Protection Kit K42008628-001.

It should be a straight swap in theory, but there is always the possibility you have odd wiring!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back