Replacing boiler timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We don't have a thermostat because our boiler and timer aren't in a very good position for one so I would like to install a wireless timer/thermostat. I can't find any wireless timers with the same wiring diagram as our current timer. Would it be easy to wire up a new timer?

This is our current timer diagram:
current_1.jpg

and this is the diagram on one I am thinking of buying:
Capture.jpg

this is how the current one is wired up:
current_2.jpg

Is it clear which wires would go to which terminals on the new one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Clear as day to me, but if you want an even easier job then get a Honeywell Sundial Pack 1. No wiring to do at all then - it will fit onto the existing backplate, and the wireless thermostat that comes with it is pre-bound to the timer so all you have to do is position it where you want it. Couldn't be easier

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Muggles is quite correct, you have posted the information you are asking for. The wires simply move from / to terminals that have the same function. So to spell it out, that would be.

Honeywell 'N' Neutral = Receiver 'N'

Honeywell 'L' Live = Receiver 'L'

Honeywell '4' Heating on = Receiver 'NO'

Link Receiver terminals 'L' and 'Com' together

If you have any money left over, invest in

cutters
68277.jpg

strippers
58794.jpg

you can get a cheap set in Wickes that will be adequate

current_2-jpg.147941

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back