Recommend a decent bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a leaking bath waste on a new bath, I'm fairly resigned to the fact this will need replacing with a better quality fitting, so can anyone recommend a decent all metal fitting, ideally with overflow connection.

I think I really want a simple plug and chain system, preferably where I can screw from the bath inside to tighten, i.e. not messing around with a stilson under the bath.

thanks

mike

Sponsored Links
You're going to have to get under the bath to fit the new waste and connect the trap & if you use Stilsons then I'd suggest that you're over-tightening the fitting!

What I'm really after is the sort of fitting used in the first example on this page http://www.practicaldiy.com/plumbing/bath_waste/bath_wastes.php , where the screw for tightening is above but is separate to the plug hole. The current fitting is a plastic thread tightened by turning the whole plug hole fitting, from above, but there's little in the way of grip and nothing to attach any tools to and I can't see how you could get this tight enough to seal.

Incidentally after unscrewing, I found the silicon hadn't set, does this stuff go off or take more than a couple of days to dry?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back