recording sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:idea: Do`s anybody know how to convert vinyl lp`s to cd`s

i have standard music system. is it possible to wire it through the speakers in to the microphone on my computer? if so what connection would i need :?:

Sponsored Links
I`ll try and keep this simple! The way that i`ve done this is to plug my turntable into the phono input of my amp and then run an auxillary lead from a sound out socket on my amp to the sound input on my pc`s sound card, most pc`s have 3 sockets on the back, its usually speaker followed by input and finally microphone. I then set the LP playing and use windows movie maker to create a .wma file and then once i`ve recorded what I want I then burn the .wma files to a blank cd-rom using Nero cd burner. Heres what I use: Aiwa PXE860 turntable / Sony TAFE370 amplifier / 1.4ghz athlon with creative soundblaster audio running windows me plus lots of cables!

he did say "standard music system, i am wodering is it one of those "all in ones"

Sponsored Links
yup its an all in one

and i think i got this right is this the sound card? Intel(r) 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller - SigmaTel Codec

Do NOT under any circumstances connect the speaker connections from the all-in-one to the microphone or line input on your sound card... that's a recipe for disaster.

Are there any line outputs on the all-in-one (it would be useful to know who made the all-in-one, and what model number it is) ?

Ideally you need to connect 'Tape Out' or 'Line Out' from the all-in-one to the 'Line In' on your soundcard. If you don't have these outputs on the all-in-one, you may be able to get away with using the headphone socket, or some all-in-ones have a digital optical out (to go to minidisc) - you may be able to use this if your soundcard has a digital input.

Alternatively, forget about using the computer, go to E-Bay, and look for a Pioneer PDR-609 Compact Disc Recorder; should be able to get one for around £100 - £110 - this will accept either tape out or digital out, and works as easily as a standard cassette deck for recording from LPs

Regards, Graham

Back