RECOVERING DATA FROM DAMAGED USB DRIVE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Lacie 40Gb USB powered drive, which seems to have developed a mechanical fault, from which I am going to try to recover the 'lost' data.

To explain, touching wood, I have been very successful in recovering 'lost' data on both corrupted and physically damaged hard drives for friends and relatives but they have all been IDE drives until recently, when I worked on a SATA.

Now a neighbour of my Godmother has a problem with his USB drive and she has told him that I will help.

Whilst I am more than happy to give it a go, it is something that I have never attempted before and, basically, I do not know where to start.

Any advice or guidance, that anyone is able to give me would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A good place must be 'google', it can tell you everything else, except who the 'Stig' is..Good luck

It will probably be an IDE drive in an external case with a USB interface. Depending on the case size, the drive will have a standard or miniature IDE interface, so once you remove it from the case you can deal with it in the usual manner.

Sponsored Links
Back