Redring Dual Heat 12U - No flow on CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm having a problem with my Redring Dual Heat 12U heating system in that there does not seem water flowing round the system.
I suspected a blockage on the flow side so I drained the system, closed all the radiators and removed one, then with the drain still open connected a hose pipe to the flow side and flushed it out. The drain is on the flow side after the boiler just before the manifold. There didn't seem to be a blockage or at least not in the section of pipe work.
I then set about refilling the system but it filled completely from the return. To prove this before refitting the radiator I simply turned on the the valve and nothing came out, but it did on the return.

So there is either now a blockage before the drain point, or the pump is somehow faulty and letting no water through whatsoever or there is a peculiar mixer valve before the pump which connects the flow and return together which is knackered. Below are a couple of pictures.

DSCF0016.JPG

DSCF0017.JPG

I don't think it's the pump because if I remove the bleed screw while it's running you can clearly see it spinning round. Also (with it off) it freely turns with a screwdriver and doesn't seen to be making any dodgy noises.

I heard that you can trace blockages with a magnet but most of the pipework seems to be very lightly magnetic.

Sorry for the long post but any help would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back