Remove outside light connection from junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove an outside light that is connected to the front of my house. It is wired to a 2 way junction box, the feed (grey cable) coming from the soffit of the house to a junction box. It is then wired on (2 core, no earth) to an ancient lantern light.

Question is, can I just remove the wires from the junction box to the light and leave the feed live into the junction box?

I will want to put a new light up one day, in the same location, but not until we've had the rendering done, so it would be like that for a few weeks if not months.

Sponsored Links
Question is, can I just remove the wires from the junction box to the light and leave the feed live into the junction box?
Yes, you can, but -

I will want to put a new light up one day, in the same location, but not until we've had the rendering done, so it would be like that for a few weeks if not months.
Your new light might not need the junction box.

It might have a longer flex fitted or no flex so you can do the connecting in the loft out of sight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back