FIT LIGHT & SWITCH IN LOFT FROM JUNCTION BOX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at fitting a light & switch in my loft ,will be using an existing junction box , could you tell me if the following is correct ;
Will take cable from junction box in loft to a new 20amp junction box to give me the live feed
Then i will fit another cable from this new junction box to light(all wires in box are like for like wired together)
then another cable is run to my switch(all wires again like for like wired together in junction box)
QUESTIONS
Are the earth , live & neutral in junction box, on all cables put together or does the switch cable wire different
THANK YOU FCWOODS99

Sponsored Links
Now I have done that !!!!!!! would like to know how can I put a power supply in the loft !!!???
When i say power suply I MEAN a socket for hoover
where do i run cable from

Sponsored Links
SO I cant run from junction box !? that was the question
I HAVE TO SMASH ALL WALLS UPTO LOFT AND run cable from bedroom socket to have a socket in loft ???!!!

fcwoods - the people on this forum are very helpfull and have assisted me on a couple of occasions.

What does not help though is coming on here, typing a post that contains no relevant information to assist in people trying to help you and then becoming abusive.

GALLERY]

All those regulations and rules begin to make sense now, don't they?

For the time being, until the next ammendments come out.

Twenty eight years ago the local supply meter fitter refused to install a meter to our caravan and building site as there were TWO RCDs installed. Not to regulations. ( but an accident on site would leave the caravan lights working for first aid etc etc ) His manager saw the common sense and sent him back to install the meter.

Now having two or more RCDs is reccommended......

Used with common sense the rules do have a lot of value. but followed blindly to the letter they can occasionlly have adverse results in unusual set of circumstance that the rule writers did not provide for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back