Removeing Old paint from render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Ive manged to strip roughly 70% of the old masonary paint from the render on my house.

The other 30% is a nighmare and will only come off when scraped with full force , the reason i want it off is the render has had a pattern in it so it looks like block work (if that makes sense) and the lines have been filled in with old paint and i want to keep the detail

The house was painted 5 years ago and before that was about 30 years so i dont know why its not budgeing

Is there anything that will help remove it , the only way that seem to be working is by tapping it very very lighly with a hammer to bring it off the render

Would a decent steamer work or is that a stupid question ?!
Pressure washing wont move it either

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A steamer may well work but you may end up with bits of paint left in the grains, there are some water based masonry paint removers on the market never used them so couldn't say if they are good or not, if it coming off the way your doing it I would persist with it providing its not causing and damage.

Sand blasting is about the only way.

Sponsored Links
I have used steam strippers in the past however a heat gun might be better for the grooves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back