Removing a radiator valve - Help!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Just bought a reclaimed radiator and want to change the valves, the problem I have is I cannot get the valves off !!!! they do not have any flat edges so cannot use an adjustable spanner to loosen them. The only way I can see is inside the valves one is a hexagon shape and the other appears to have 2 lips inside!!! is this how to get them off? if it is I presume I need a special tool for each one ?
If this is how to remove them can anyone advise where to get the tool from? do B&Q sell them?

Thanks in advance

Paul :confused:

Sponsored Links
The cheapest tool is a basic rad spanner, last one I bought about a month ago was 99p.

Be careful with the 2 'lugs' inside the valve as these are easy to shear off :eek:

Get a wide flat screwdriver or wood chisel to fit inside the hexagon then turn it with grips.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help guys, had a look at the one on ebay and popped down to B&Q, worked a treat (not seized thankfully) just took them off piece of cake. Thanks again for all your help. Amazing how easy it is when you have the right tool !!!!!!

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back