Removing Brambles with SBK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently taken on a new house that has a garden which was massively overgrown with brambles and nettles.

I have manually cut them away to just above ground level. I was planning to then use SBK to kill them off completely.

Having done this and bought some SBK, I now get the impression that I should have cut them a bit higher (about a foot above ground).

If I water (with SBK) the ground (which includes the ground level roots) will it kill them off? Or do I need to allow them to grow up a bit first?

Am I best to have a go at cutting the roots out first and then water (with SBK) the land, or is that wasting my time?

Sorry for the simple questions, I didn't have much of a garden in my previous place so am something of a novice!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lee

Sponsored Links
Read the label, often/usually pesticides act via the leaf. In the case of bramble, you could try digging out the roots, but it's a lot of work, they tend to be quite extensive. Anyway, they will grow back quickly enough for you to spray. Looking to the data sheet, it does look as if it can be applied to woody tissues.

What do you want to do with the area? If you just keep running the mower or strimmer over it the brambles will go and grass will slowly take over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back