Removing concentric mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a slow leak on my shower / I want to remove the valve to see if I can repair it, or failing this replace it. Can someone tell me how to remove this valve correctly please. Looks like there are 3 possible things to turn and not sure which one to do first.

Photo is attached of the valve after I’ve remove the front handles and link to the actual valve diagram below.

https://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/mixer-showers/cassini-concentric-mixer-shower.html?spares=true

Edit: added photo

Attachments

• 04FED8FA-6307-47A3-99DC-F468D389782C.jpeg
    04FED8FA-6307-47A3-99DC-F468D389782C.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Cant see the photo of your shower.

I would reckon the large nut will loosen off, and then either the shroud will come off with the cartridge or the cartridge will pull out.

You will need to make sure the water's off of course and that you remember the orientation of the temperature limiter.

You may want to take off the cover plate to get better access. The nut and shroud look to be one piece so that will be the part that's removed to access the cartridge. The cartridge may be held in by the shroud as there are no threads on the cartridge itself only O-Rings so be careful when removing it, if its the later one it may come out in sections.

Sponsored Links
Ok got it all of and I think I’ve found the cause of the leak, changed one of the o-rings over. Made school boy error though, did not take a pic of the setup before I dissembled the valve and now cannot work out where that washer on the left goes (see attached). Again, pictures from website don’t need to help.

The part to the right of my hand I believe needs to sit flush with the back of the main body, but when I screw the other part in it pulls the other part away from the back. Cannot figure out how it’s supposed to work.

Ever wish you’d have left something alone...

Attachments

• A73ECF3C-509C-4249-8653-B50405858D5F.jpeg
    A73ECF3C-509C-4249-8653-B50405858D5F.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 151
Sorted. Looks like it has been replaced before and they didn’t remove the old washer from the tap handle, so there Was two.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back