Removing essence oil burner stains from walls

STI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry originaly posted in the wrong forum, a middle age moment :(
Hi, we have had one of those essence oil burners, the ones where you put a candle under a recepticle with nice smelling oils in. Unfortunately we discovered the oil spits and has now stained the matt emulsion painted walls. I have tried painting over the oil marks but they just reappear. I have tried washing the stains off with neat washing up liquid, hot water, kitchen cleaner sugar soap etc but the damn things just keep coming back. Is there any way to remove these marks so they can be painted over without re-appearing

And apologies to those who replied in the other forum, your advice is not being ignored i just want to see if when i put it in the correct forum any other ideas come up.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Have you tried to cover the stain with an oil based undercoat or maybe a thinned oil bases gloss. This usually covers the stain and then top coat with emulsion when dry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back