Removing Glass from UPVC window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to remove the glass from a UPVC window. I have removing the rubber seal inside and the gripping strips outside. I glass is loose now and ready to come out. But there are 3 clips on the spacers which are not coming off. The spacers are screwed into the frame and the glass is over the screw heads, so no way to unscrew. The clips are then tucked under the spacers. I'm not sure, if the clip is screw in or not. I have tried to wiggle it out, but it doesn’t seem to have any movement.

I have attached a picture below. Can someone help on how to remove these clips? There are 2 at the bottom side and one on top. If I could remove just the top one, the glass will come out.

This is quite urgent as I'm trying to repair the damage after a breaking in. Once things are back to normal, we can try to get back to normal.

Sponsored Links
If those are the same type as the ones I removed recently, you'll need to use a stiff putty knife on the inside to depress the clip so it can be removed.

They may however be entirely different, so.. If the glass is damaged and to be replaced, you could just suck it up and break it out (very, very carefully).

If those are the same type as the ones I removed recently, you'll need to use a stiff putty knife on the inside to depress the clip so it can be removed.

They may however be entirely different, so.. If the glass is damaged and to be replaced, you could just suck it up and break it out (very, very carefully).

They look just like the staybrite ones, flippin 2 man job to remove a bit of glass :D

Sponsored Links

They look just like the staybrite ones, flippin 2 man job to remove a bit of glass :D

Yeah, tell me about it. I fought a bunch of these clips taking my old conservatory down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back