removing macerator from under sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a macerator - a 'munch master' - under one of our double sinks that i want to take out and reconnect to the normal sink drainage pipework.

Is there anything i should be particularly careful about? on the face of it looks like a straight, 'take thing out, put new pipework on' kind of job.....

any advice or tips from anyone who's done this before would be appreciated

Rich

Sponsored Links
just change the wate oulet in the sink to a standard grate waste then connect your trap.
you'll probably have to alter the waste pipe abit.

just change the wate oulet in the sink to a standard grate waste then connect your trap.
you'll probably have to alter the waste pipe abit.

you mean just the way the pipes go round? is the trap the u shaped curvy bit that has the bit of water to stop smells getting back?

yes thats it.
you'll have to remove the comete unit in the sink and change it to one of these.
measure your sink waste hole diameter should be about 3 1/2"
p4574641_x.jpg

then you'll find you trap will be slightly higher than before so the waste pipe will need altering to match up.

Sponsored Links
Is there a picture somewhere? i cant see it on my computer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back