removing polystyrene glue paste stuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably the least specific subject title, I apologies but not having used it i'm unsure of the proper name.

My problem is thus, being away for the weekend (on business) my girlfriend got her brother to decorate the entrance hallway (paper and coving).
A job somewhere on the middle of my to do list.

All looks good but he has been far to generous with the paste that holds on the coving so its now on the paper aswell, is there anything that will dissolve / remove it without destroying the paper?

I was thinking of rubbing it down and papering it myself but if i can tidy it, rather then redo then that will save me time at least.

thanks,

Ben

Sponsored Links
Try running a sharp blade along it from above and below then carefully scraping the adhesive away.

did try scraping but that only removed so much, having another go today it looks like its gotten into the slightly raised pattern of the paper.

I was hoping for something that could dissolve it, as the previous owners stuck a polystyrene ceiling rose cover (in another room) with the same stuff instead of screwing it on.
That came off in clumps and i was hoping for a solution for both...

going to re-paper next week if no one has any other solution, and try and do something with the ceiling at a later date..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back